Bournemouth Council Delivers Seamless Library Service with Allied's Third-party Management Services
Bournemouth Council deployed Allied's vendor management services and has benefitted from improved library service, removed contractor liabilities and reduced overall costs due to efficient third party management
About our Client
Bournemouth Council is responsible for providing the local community with a usable and accessible library service. Bournemouth Library is the largest provider of services for the 164,600 residents of Bournemouth and is responsible for delivering a wide range of social services and ensuring ongoing economic development.
As part of our PFI managed services, Allied is often required to manage third parties on behalf of our clients. Bournemouth council selected Allied as the senior ICT contractor to manage all risk relating to IT third party suppliers and the delivery of their service.
Allied currently manages in excess of 35 Category 1 and 2 suppliers for this business area alone.
To accept all the risks associated with third party management and provide an efficient service to the client at a minimum of 95% of SLA or above. Any failure of the SLA will incur financial penalties for every 4 hours if any individual service is unavailable.
In addition all third parties must comply with stringent guidelines and meet the following client requirements:
- Automated systems based SLA monitoring and escalation process
- Third party specific escalation and call workflow process
- Proof of concepts for new technologies
- Planned works via Prince2 methodologies
- User acceptance testing process prior to change order acceptance
- All environmental and social responsibility criteria is met
- Provision of annual savings towards Gershon initiatives. This can include financial savings or increase of service without cost implication.
- Share information between suppliers to enable new and emerging technologies to be produced
- Meet with suppliers and clients to ensure all new products and developments can be reviewed
- Trend analysis of equipment failures and rectifications
- Delivery of individual supplier service improvement plans to conclusion
- Monthly reports and reviews
Allied provided the cost-effective solution and closely managed all the third party suppliers and contractors. We delivered the new ICT infrastructure within approved timescales and that each service implemented met the acceptance criteria.
As a part of the implementation stage, Allied was also required to cooperate with a number of external third parties including building contractors, electricians, architects, FF&E suppliers and internal IT departments. Allied managed all aspects of service delivery including co-operation agreements, service call management and escalation, SLA management, in-warranty and out-ofwarranty management, logistics, disposal, PAT Testing, penalty mechanisms, service meetings, trend analysis and reports.
During the project design and implementation stages, Allied was bound by a financial penalty system known as Associated Liquidated Damages. In all cases these stages were completed without penalties to Allied or its third parties.
- Allied has delivered consistently between 95% and 100% of SLA since the contract start dates
- Approved projects have been completed within timescale and on budget without failures
- Allied has consistently provided cost savings and increased product ranges or services at no additional cost; year on year meeting government Gershon initiative guidelines
- Allied's relationship with the suppliers has ensured the client receives the benefits of discounted pricing
- Technologies have been introduced to provide both cost and energy saving results
- Allied approved suppliers have benefitted from the relationship with additional business and referrals
- Results of internal audits in 2010 has confirmed that the Allied infrastructure is secure, effective and within a very good administrative framework
- With the risk of third party being transferred to Allied, the client was assured that the level of service delivered is optimised and controlled