SunGard Reduces Costs and Improves Availability using Allied's Maintenance Services
About our Client
- The largest privately held business software and IT services company
- 25,000 customers in over 70 countries
- Provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software
- Annual revenue of about $5 billion
- 13 UK datacentres
SunGard required a cost effective, efficient and flexible service provider, capable of delivering high availability over an estate of 2300 servers and storage devices from multiple vendors across the United Kingdom.
Retaining the expertise of an existing support team was desirable as was a seamless transition between providers and an improved SLA performance.
Allied implemented a 24x7 service desk and on-site solution, utilising an existing field based team to provide out of hours support. The implementation included the design of improved reporting and SLA and call analysis.
The support delivered covers a range of hardware platforms including:
- HP Proliant, Alpha and Blade Servers
- IBM AS400, RS6000 and Z-series mainframes
- Sun systems and Storagetek tape libraries
We successfully transitioned the contract from the existing provider, including the TUPE transfer of existing staff. The entire process took only three weeks. The process included implementation of logistical arrangements for out of hours parts supply.
We also identified service delivery issues related to the previous supplier and introduced processes designed to rectify them.
SunGard now benefit from a team of dedicated on-site support professionals supporting the large key datacentres backed up by a team of field engineers covering the UK 24/7. In addition to providing a dedicated Service Delivery Manager, monthly review meetings are held with the objectives of:
- Ensuring that service levels meet the client’s expectations
- Discussing SLA performance and equipment failure trends
- Agreeing implementation of continual service improvement measures
Allied have delivered a 25% cost reduction and on-going year on year savings based upon our unique 'reliability rebate' scheme. Allied have greatly improved client satisfaction with SLAs running at around 95%.
The dedicated staff have been integrated into the Allied family and Allied’s Help Desk and Logistics operation provides the required backup 24x7.